Yoga Phoenix is proud to be hosting a Kids Yoga Festival: Kids Shining Their Beacons of Light this Saturday, May 18, 2013. There are so many benefits that children could gain from doing Kundalini Yoga (follow this link to read about the benefits) and this festival is a perfect opportunity for parents and kids who have never done Kundalini Yoga before to come and get a taste of what a kids yoga class is like.
So what should parents and kids expect at the Kids Yoga Festival? Lots of fun activities! Here are some yogic exercises and activities that we are offering this coming Saturday:
- Countryside Yoga Bicycle Tour: Go on an imaginary bicycle tour through the countryside where kids will encounter many farm animals. Expect to get into yoga poses that imitate all kinds of animals.
- Yoga Train Tunnel and Gong: In this exercise kids will line up in Triangle pose to form the tunnel and then take turns to crawl through the tunnel. They will get into Triangle pose again once out of the other end of the tunnel. After a vigorous workout, kids get to lie down and relax to the sound of the gong.
- Beanie Babies Belly Breathing: A fun way to learn how to breath long and deep through the belly using cute and cuddly Beanie Babies. Long deep breathing is a great technique that every kid should learn because it can help to lower stress, manage emotions and help the body to heal.
- Peaceful Piggy Meditation Story Time: Come listen to a story book about finding the peace within through meditation. After story time, participants can choose to craft their own portable meditation rock garden.
- Sacred Space Crafting: Create a portable meditation rock garden to remind you to go inside your self to find peace. This activity also combines crafting and meditation in one. We will chant for peace while creating this rock garden.
- Mommy and Me: Parents will learn some yogic exercises that they can do with their little ones at home! It is fun for parents and children to exercise together, it also helps to build closeness in their relationship.
- Crafts: We will have some fun time crafting with yarn, beeswax, and many more!
Please join us for this family fun event this Saturday, May 18, from 10:00am to 12:30pm. Each activity is $1, or $5 for ALL of them. No entry fee! We look forward to see many shining happy faces, and we will be happy to answer all the questions you have about kids yoga!